Remodel efficiently with SharkBite appliance that is push-to-connect.
Whether you’re upgrading to a refrigerator with an ice maker, changing a seat valve connection for a current appliance or investing in a complete brand new appliance, installing a water line to a refrigerator or appliance with push-to-connect plumbing work solutions is an art and craft that will benefit you again and again.
1. Install into the supply line that is existing.
The first step to ice manufacturer installation or any supply line plumbing system would be to shut down the primary valve towards the home and start the lowest tap in the home to clear the pipelines. Then:
- Get the line providing the kitchen and cut right out an area of the pipe no more than 2 inches.
- Deburr both ends regarding the cut right out part and mark them for the proper level.
- Slip the end of a Service Slip Tee Adapter in terms of it’s going to go.
- Making use of Disconnect Tongs from the slip end, slide the Service Slip Tee Adapter on the adjoining bit of copper until it clicks and reaches the depth mark that you made
2. Substitute the current seat valve.
When you yourself have a preexisting ice maker connection that runs on the drilled saddle valve, updating to a new push-to-connect Ice Maker Connection Kit is an effectual and solution that is reliable. When you’ve shut down water supply and drained the pipelines:
- Get the line supplying the kitchen and cut right out the part that features the drilled bit of pipeline linking the current saddle valve; be certain the cut part is no more than 2 ins
- Deburr both ends for the cut fully out part and mark them for the correct level.
- Slide the end of a Service Slip Tee Adapter in terms of it’s geting to go.
- Making use of Disconnect Tongs from the slide end, slide the Service Slip Tee Adapter on the adjoining bit of copper that you made until it clicks and reaches the depth mark
3. Install the new ice manufacturer line.
Now that you’ve added a tee adapter to your supply line, all that’s left is always to run water line to your fridge ice manufacturer or any other appliance. To do that:
- Slip a Supply avoid on the Service Slip Tee Adapter.
- Link a supply line towards the Supply Stop; this may incorporate a push-to-connect PEX line that you just push to the end to the depth that is required a Flex Hose that threads onto the end.
- Link the new supply line to your connection in the straight back of this ice box or appliance.
The concept that is basic exactly the same whether you’re setting up an ice manufacturer, dishwasher or other appliance requiring a water supply.
All you need to have the work done is roofed into the SharkBite Ice Maker Installation Kit: